Saturday, July 19, 2014

A couple of projects

I have a couple of projects to share today...

First of all, I fell in love with this photo for Paper Smooches Picture Perfect Sparks Challenge:


Isn't it fabulous?
I would love some sweet jars like these!
Seeing as I recently ordered some fun dies from Paper Smooches,
I decided to make a card for the challenge:


I stamped my background using Simon Says Stamp Wide Stripe stamp.
I die cut the word dies from aqua mist card stock & matted the card on the same.
For the buildings, I die cut them from white card stock and
water coloured them by pressing some aqua mist/hawaiian shores &
sweet blush/berry sorbet inks onto my craft mat, spritzing them with water and then
painted them on with a wet paint brush. Such a fun technique! 


I also have three Monthly Moments pocket scrapbooking cards
on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog today.
I'd love for you to come and check them out!

Here's one of them:



Super sweet, right?
Here's how it looks in my album:


Click here to see the two other cards that I made. :)

And, while you're there... you'll also want to check out their Craft Team Call (click!),
and the two giveaways that they're hosting for their new product lines:
Scumptious (click!) & Jolly Good (click!)

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Kara said...

really pretty and sweet!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beautiful take on the creative prompt Leigh!
Love it!!

Lynn said...

oh you knocked the PaperSmooches inspiration out of the park. I love the subtle water coloring on the dies...and such a happy layout too!

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, those pastel colours look amazing as a colour wash on the buildings :)
Thanks for playing along at PS Sparks challenge this week x

Alanna said...

Fun projects. I love the card.

Happy Dance said...

Perfect take on the inspiration photo. Love those stripes! A soft and lovely card. And am lovin' the pocket scrapbooking card! It has such a fresh and summery feel to it. Will pop over to Chickaniddy in a minute too! Can't wait to see what you've got over there. Bev

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome projects, dearie!!

victoria h said...

Soooo pretty

Miriam Prantner said...

Sweet projects! I especially love that first skyline cards, the colors are so fresh and summery too!

~amy~ said...

Oh my...lovin' your projects! Such pretty soft colors!

cm said...

Such pretty projects, Leigh! Your city-scape card is a wonderfully inspired take on the inspiration photo! Gorgeous!
~c