Friday, July 18, 2014

Five for Friday

Well, it's been another busy week in the Penner household.
In addition to swimming lessons every afternoon at the beach....

1. On Sunday, we went for a walk around the lake.
I got some great photos -- look for them on a layout soon -- as soon as I get my new Get
Lost stamp set that I ordered from PTI earlier this week. ;)


2. A church in Winkler hosted a drive-in movie night on Wednesday.
We saw Rio 2. They had some fun activities set up before the movie started,
including a huge Operation game -- which Austin broke a record at by removing 10 parts.

3. Our church hosted a pool party in Winkler last night.
We had lots of fun! We raced down the fast slides and I took a bunch of photos
of the kids jumping off the diving boards.

4. I'm super excited about the two new lines that Chickaniddy Crafts is releasing:


Aren't they fabulous?
And best of all, Heidi is doing two giveaways on the Chickaniddy Crafts Blog
for both of them: Scumptious (click!) & Jolly Good (click!)


5. And lastly, I have a card to share that I made for Tag You're It Challenge #2
where we're being inspired by this gorgeous tag by Laura Bassen:


I was inspired by the vellum leaves over the patterned background
to make a journaling card tag for my summer album.


I used Crate Paper The Pier patterned paper for my background,
which I die cut using PTI's Journaling Card 1 die and then punched a hole.
I die cut my vellum leaves using my Turning a New Leaf dies.
I die cut my Wet Paint Cuts hello die cut three times from some coordinating Crate Paper
patterned paper and stacked them together.
I stamped the "summer" from PTI's Monthly Moments: June stamp set.

Visit Tag You're It to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the challenge and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Wednesday, July 30th to link up your project.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

What a fabulous tag. I thought the background was stamped.

~amy~ said...

so much friday fun!

Kara said...

omg! love the giant operation table!! I wanna play!!

merryf said...

love your tag! Sounds like you had a great week!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet tag! I love this!

Kelly Janes said...

Love your tag!!! I had to head to Chickaniddy Crafts to check out that awesome paper packet!!!

Alanna said...

Sounds like you've had a great week. Your tag is so soft and pretty.

Diana K said...

Eeeek! Christmas paper in July and I am drooling over it already. Love that pretty tag, Leigh.

Marybeth said...

Your tag is beautiful with a soft touch of color and vellum.
Sounds like a lot of summer church fun, great pictures!

Betty Wright said...

Just beautiful! I need that word die set and the vellum leaves. The background dp is perfect!

Great pictures! Good family fun for sure!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous tag. Love that it was inspired by Laura but is still totally you. Look forward to seeing the layout your fabulous photos will go on.

Tracy said...

that is one beautiful tag Leigh- so soft and pretty.

Diane Jaquay said...

I really love your tag, Leigh, it's as fresh and crisp as a cool cotton dress in the summer!!

Bobby said...

Great tag. I love that background paper.

Marion said...

Love your tag Leigh! It is so soft and pretty and feminine.

TeresaC said...

What a beautiful, soft, summer tag, Leigh!! Thanks for the inspiration!!