Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ten treat bag tags

As I mentioned here in this post,
I've invited my Sunday School group over for a Christmas party later this month.

With the arrival of some new Lawn Fawn stamps last week and their motivating
  Lawnscaping Challenge #71: Tag & Treat Bags,
I decided to get a jump on things and make the tags for the treat bags
I plan on handing out at the party.


For my tags, I used PTI's Tag Sale #7 die.
I also used their Antique Alphabets stamps to stamp out each child's name on the front.
For the images on the stamps, I used my new Winter Owl & Into the Woods stamp sets.

With white treat bags and kraft tags, I decided to paper-piece each animal 
with some white on white patterned paper from my scraps folder 
(most of it is My Mind's Eye, but there is some Crate Paper, too.)
And then to make it more Christmasy, I added a scarf to each one.


For this scarf, I stamped the owl onto patterned paper and cut it out. 
Then I selectively inked the stamp and stamped again to make it more narrow.

For the next two, I used Simon Says Stylish Simon's striped scarf for the critters to wear.



And then the trend continued.... stripy scarves for the boys and paper-pieced owl scarves for the girls.








And for Rowen, instead of paper-piecing the scarf, I coloured it in with a Faber Castell marker.


And that's ten!
I feel so on the ball getting these done a week & a half early!

Now I just need to decide on the craft we'll be doing together. 
I was thinking of making some paper houses like Sage & I did here,
but I'm totally open to suggestions.

Anyone?

By the way, I'm also linking this up to the City Crafter Challenge Blog #189
to use Christmas colours (white, red & craft).


And to the current Fusion Challenge #1:


Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

Paulina said...

Ooooh, these are all so adorable! These little animals look so cozy in their winter gear!

Jennifer said...

These are so adorable! What lucky little kids...just too cute.

Kathryn A said...

What cute treat bags! Love the scarves on the critters!

Lynn said...

Such sweet, sweet little gift bags!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Paulina, love these and the kids will too!!
How about a snow globe! I saw a cute idea in Better Homes and gardens. Easy with laminated photo or stamped images inside!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh these are so fabulous, I do not know how you do it all my friend!

Sue Plote said...

So cute, Leigh! Seriously...you are an amazing designer. I look forward to seeing everything you post! Smiles...

Kelly Griglione said...

Swoon ... the subtle patterns on your woodland creatures is just SO CHARMING!!!! Love them all!

Happy Dance said...

Totally adorable treat bags! Your SS kids will love these. Great use of the dp on the little critters too. I made frames with 6 of the grandkids, and you can see the results of 3 on my "Still Very Thankful" post. $1 each at Michaels, and the kids, even 2 year old Kaylin, had a ball making them. I painted the edges beforehand, and it was just a matter of letting them choose and use the supplies I had on hand. Hope that offers you at least one idea. Bev

Ruth G said...

These are so very fun! I love that you paper pieced parts of the images! I want to go make some tags now! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

Sharon Underwood said...

Love those sweet animals! Great idea for tags!

Darnell said...

These are so adorable, Leigh!! Those little scarves just send me!! And all little kids love anything with their own names! Could they make treat bags for their siblings or their moms and dads? Hugs, Darnell

Kara said...

So cute!

Megan Carroll said...

Cute treat bags! The paper houses is a great idea! Have fun!

Joni Andaya said...

FABULOUS treat bags! L.O.V.E

Ros Crawford said...

These are so adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

More than adorbs!!! LOVE THEM all, want to keep them to myself, all of them!!!

Karen C. said...

Oh those little critters are adorable. Love the subtle patterns you used for paper piecing too!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Leigh!!! Love seeing you at CCCB! Thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Geri said...

These couldn't be sweeter, Leigh! I adore the simple color scheme and the twine! And I love that set to...I might need to add that to my stash this year!;) Thanks for joining in the fun at FUSION! So cute for CC, too!!!

Nora Noll said...

oh my word!! These are adorable!! I am now going to have to buy that owl!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Cuties!!! I love love those images, beautiful tags. Thank you for joining us at CCCB!!

Just Artifacts said...

Very great images of treat bags. Simple, creative, affordable n lovely.